Analytics
3.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Using GA to create dashboard for subsites within main site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

I am using GA to examine our organization's intranet. I think this is a simple question, but I just cannot find where to do it on GA. I want to create dashboards for each of my 6 subsites within the Intranet, because then each subsite has its own set of pages and I want to see the analytics relevant to each subsite. 

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Probably it's best if you create 6 different views for each of your subsite (probably you mean subdomain? if domain is example.com subdomain would be uk.example.com). You can do it easily by applying filters. 

1) Create a new view within existing property

2) Create new filter

3) Type Custom

4) Filter type Include 

5) Choose hostname

6) type in your subdomain (subsite) 

7) Repeat steps 1-6 for othe 5 subdomains

Then if you want to have data in one dashboard you may use Data Studio. 

Another option of approaching it would be creating Custom Report. (Customisation tab in top menu of Google Analytics interface). In this report you can create: hostname (it should include all of your subdomains) + add any metrics you like (such as sessions, bounce rate, average time, etc). 

Please let me know if it helped. Good luck!

Seb

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Intranet A

Did it help?

thanks,

Seb

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

If these pages aren't hosted on the "Internet", but locally hosted on your "Intranet" then Google Analytics will not work.