Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Using Analytics to Track Top Viewed pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've recently integrated analytics with our News site.

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to get analytics to track the most viewed pages (articles) or how many views each article receives.

Hundreds of new articles go up every week. I can't possibly enter a tracking code for each individual page?

Thank you for your time.

Jon

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon P
May 2016

Re: Using Analytics to Track Top Viewed pages.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Jon,

First in order for GA to track your articles the GA code would need to be on every page a simple include statement could do this very easily. Next look at the Behavior-->Site Content-->All Pages report you can do segmentation and filtering to see only your articles provided they have the tracking code.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brian,

I have a similar question to John's question.  I am trying to do the same thing, but I can only get the top 20 pages; I would like to see the top 100.

At the bottom right of the page:

Behavior   >  Site Content  >  All Pages                         ,

I see:

"Show rows:  [100]  Go to: [ 1 ] 1 to 19 of 19  <  >  

I refresh, I click on the right arrow, but I cannot seem to get beyond seeing only 19 pages!  What is the trick to this?

Using Analytics to Track Top Viewed pages.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

IWL I

When you set your rows to 100 you are displaying all 19 pages in your site.

the 1 to 19 of 19 means that you are seeing pages 1 through 19 and that you have atotal of 19 pages that you are able to view the right arrow wont work because there are no additional pages to display.

To test this set your  Show rows: to 10 and then it should say 1-10 of 19 now click the right arrow and you should see it change to 11-19 of 19

Hope this helps.