Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Users has risen with no particular reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear community, we are facing a major issue, and that is the users (unique users). Since 18/5/2016 they have be doubled with no particular explanation. As you can see we didn't had this pattern before. We are talking 100.000 unique users per day! From around 90.000 to 110.000 we went to 210.000 to 250.000 on average (having a high score at 348.903!!! on 29th of August).

We have checked if this was due to an attack, but the logs are fine. We have also checked our stats with an independent agency and our stats were stable as you can see below.

Do you have any idea of what have might happen with Google analytics?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
Are you able to provide the URL of the website?

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sure. It's www.xe.gr

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

also have you checked the analytics reports for a similar increase in visits from a particular country, referral source, visitors on a particular browser or device etc, a hostname that doesnt belong in the reports?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Users has risen with no particular reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well here you can see the rest analytics. It is clear that something odd happened at 18th May 2016

Sessions

1148970423.png

Pageviews

pv.png

Pages / Session

pag-sess.png

% New Sessions

newsess.pngBounce rate

bounce.png

To reply to your question the following is the Direct Traffic, from 30.000 av. per day sessions to 200.000 av. per day after 18 May 2016. Direct traffic is the only source of really huge increase in traffic. Also all the new users are coming from Greece, which is normal we we operate in Greece as well

direct.png

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Just out of curiosity too. which UA# is this happening with.. there are two on the site. has this happened with the reports for both Properties?