Analytics
2.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User/session reporting not accurate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am brand new to all of this and understandably running into some problems. Thanks in advance for any help. All of the users to my site are not being reported and I know this because some states/cities (where I know I am getting clicks) are not showing up in the reports or not showing up enough. No filters have been set. Thanks again

Re: User/session reporting not accurate

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Frazer,

states/cities information depends on IP adresses. There may be some discrepancies in your reports because the mapping of IP adresses with states/cities is a little bit inaccurate. The inaccuracies are a little bit higher if you have an activated ip anonymize funktion and/or if users browse your website with mobile device. In the last case, users are located by their dial-in note that can be different to their "real" whereabouts.

Are your users generally not not showing up in your reports or could it be that they are showing up in reports of other states/cities? In the first case a blocked Google Analytics could be another reason for wrong statistics.

Bye. Nils.