Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User Metric on Landing Page Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there anyway to add the "Users" metric to standard reports? 

I'm currently viewing the report under Behaviour > Site Content > Landing Page.  I would like to see Users or Unique Visitors vs. Sessions, but there isn't an option for either.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: User Metric on Landing Page Report

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ron,

the only way would be to create a custom report - please note that one user may have multiple landing pages in the defined time range.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1151300?hl=en

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Re: User Metric on Landing Page Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zorin,

Thanks for the reply. When you say that one user may have multiple landing pages in the defined time range do you mean that they may be counted twice for a specific landing page row, or may appear in multiple landing pages row, but only once per row?

Also, if a user is counted as a New User during a period, if they visit the same landing page subsequently are they counted also in the User column? Eg. User visits the site on Jan 1, 2016 and is counted as a New User, then user visits the landing page on Jan 3rd. On Jan 3rd are they also counted in the "User" column?