Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User Location Granularity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi hi - 

Understanding that Google Analytics does not record a users IP Address. What is the most granular why I can run a report that would show me where my users are located? I live in New York City and ideally i'd love to be able to see what parts of the city my users are coming from (or states they live in, what towns). How can I find this information?

Thank you!!

Re: User Location Granularity

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Victoria,

There are several ways you can use to track your user's location. one way is to look through user flow. Navigate to Audience >> user flow and you can choose whether you want to look by country or city as shown in the screenshot. http://take.ms/S1VdH

second way is to look for the user location by navigation to Audience >> Geo >> Location

if you find the answer helpful let me know by giving a star Smiley Happy

cheers Noman Karim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Noman. I'm trying to get more granular than city. Like where in the city are they located. Maybe this can only be done on an IP address level. But do you know if it's possible to go further than just city?

Thank you!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Victoria,
No It is not possible to go further than city.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hey Victoria,

the least you can view about your audience is the city level. Google analytics does not provide any way to access the user for IP address due to some privacy issues. You can further read the discussion here for your knowledge. http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/77297/how-can-i-find-the-ip-address-for-my-visitors-in...

if my answer helped you let me know by giving a star Smiley Happy

Cheers
Noman Karim