Analytics
2.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User Flow through forms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently noticed unexpected behavior when checking out user flow through a landing page.

The landing page has a form on it, which, when submitted, redirects the user to another page on the site. User Flow indicates that everyone who visited that page did not fill out the form, but rather clicked our logo to go to the home page.

Is it possible that User Flow isn't tracking users through the submit event? 

(I realize now that I need to set up event tracking, but this is all we have to go on at this point).

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric B
January 2017

User Flow through forms

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Eric.

Can you see any pageviews for another page user was redirected to in Bahevior > All pages report?

Sometimes redirects could cause some discrepanies in tracked data so I suggest you to check if analytics tags works properly on every step with Tag Assistant or GA debug Chrome extentions.

User Flow through forms

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. The extensions you recommended helped me confirm that tracking was working perfectly. I guess users don't always click where we want them too Smiley Happy