Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User Flow Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings! I have been searching for a while but I can't seem to find a solution to my issue. My end goal is to be able to track user flow originating from a specific page through subsequent pages. In my specific example, on our landing page we have a carousel that I'm interested in removing. As such, I'd like to track the paths of those users who clicked on the carousel and were redirected to another page. The user flow I'm interested in would look something like landing > carousel-redirected page > enroll > completed enroll. My goal is to track the user segment that clicked on the carousel and determine how many users from that segment can be counted as enrollment conversion. The issue I'm facing is that when I look at the User Flow report, the targeted starting page is one of those grouped in the ">100 more pages" list so I can't track it there. I then tried to track it from Behavior > Site Content > All Pages > Navigation Summary. This brought about issues as well. It was easy to determine how many users came from the carousel page to the enrollment page, but when I clicked on the enrollment completion page, I lost all reference to the previous segment of users. I hope I am missing something obvious!