Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User Flow - Expand Further

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to find more information from my user flow, I find it very powerful yet I am sort of limited.

There is often a case where many categories are grouped together but I cannot see the user flow fully for that group, or I am not able to focus on that group at all

image.png

You can see in my image that I am always presented at the bottom with a ... but when I click on this to sort of expand the group and only focus on that I am not able to do so. I am only presented with Group details which is not so powerful because The window that opens only shows the very basic (raw) data in regards to each category. I want to be able to follow the behaviour flow as I do with everything else, why can I not expand a section like this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Alex,

Click a node and select "Explore Traffic Through here" instead and you can then deep dive into that node or redefine it in any way that you would like by clicking on the pencil icon.  That is the most powerful way to use this report in my opinion.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theo,

I am not sure what you mean by the "pencil icon". I am struggling to find an icon that represents a pencil...

But if you look in my screenshot I added in my original message, I am able to further explore nodes and focus on what I need, it is just always with the last group I am not able to do that, it is only the last group/node that I am not able to do that. I just get "Group details" which is great but of course I want to look at their interaction flow and I cannot. So overall I don't know where a keyword (from the bottom group) is interacting on my site. I have no real overview of their interaction and this is what I need help with...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Alex,

This platform is having issues... did you get my reply with screenshots yesterday?  I don't see here today.

-Theo

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Theo,

I can see your both of your responses, but I do not see any screenshot from your side...

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Alex,

Did you get one via email notification about using segments, etc? 

Thanks,

Theo

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Your first response was:

Alex,

Click a node and select "Explore Traffic Through here" instead and you can then deep dive into that node or redefine it in any way that you would like by clicking on the pencil icon.  That is the most powerful way to use this report in my opinion.

Best,

Theo Bennett