Analytics
2.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User Explorer Report - Not showing Goals but showing Events

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm seeing some inconsistencies in my user explorer report when looking at an individual user ID.

Issue 1:

I'm looking at a user with multiple sessions and I have the filter set to show all 4 hit types (pageviews, events, goals, and ecommerce).  All of the session data is only showing me pageviews.  If I filter down to show only goals, I am seeing 2 goal completions in two separate sessions. I then add pageviews back into the filter, so that I can see all the pageviews leading up to the goal completion, but the goals then disappear from the session data again. For this particular user, I am unable to see the goal completions unless I filter down to only show goals.

Issue 2:

I'm looking at a different user with multiple sessions and I have the filter set to show all 4 hit types (pageviews, events, goals, and ecommerce).  This time I'm seeing all the pageviews and events that are taking place in each session, but for some reason the goals are not showing.  The goals are based off of events, so I can see that the user is executing the event that would trigger a goal completion, but I'm still not seeing any goal completions in the session details.

What is going on?

Re: User Explorer Report - Not showing Goals but showing Events

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Leah,

Can you provide the screenshots for the type of filters you have applied, it would be more specific to understand your question. thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The google forum keeps giving me an error when I try to add a photo to the post.  The photo uploads fine, but when I try to post it's telling me there's invalid HTML.  I have just been using the rich text editor, so not editing any HTML.  Have no idea what the problem is.

When you are viewing the details for a specific Client ID in the User Explorer report, there is a dropdown labeled "Filter By".  As default, it has "4 Selected" which are: Pageview, Goal, Ecommerce, Event.

As stated in my original post, when all 4 are selected, the session details for the user are NOT showing me all 4.  I'm seeing pageviews and events but not goals, even though the events that are happening are goal events.  If I change the filter to just show me Goals, then I see the the goals for that user in the session details.  But the goals are NOT showing if I have the other hit types selected in the Filter dropdown. 

I want to be able to see all the Goals with the Pageviews, so I can see what pages led to the user completing the Goal. 

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi leah,

Can send a screen shot using monosnap or something.

This data you see in User reoport is collected and displayed by google itself and since the issue is coming with goals
my guess is that your goal is not fired when the event is performed.
you can check your goal in goal overview report and in real time conversion report

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I know that the goal is firing. I see the goal in the User Explorer report if I filter to only show Goals. The issue I'm having is that I'm unable to see Goals when the filter is set to show Pageviews, Goals, Ecommerce, and Events. I want to see the Goals with the Pageview hits in the user's session. The Goals will only show for the user if I don't have any of the other hit types selected.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Leah,

will you please add a screenshot.

Please download this app to add a screenshot
https://monosnap.com