Analytics
6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

User / Behavior Flow issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a total newbie but can't find the answers to these (probably basic) questions...

1) I don't see a difference between the User and Behavior Flow reports. I know that my event tagging is not fully set up / accurate. Is this why?

2) More important question... when I look at my flow reports, and I click to see "Group Details" on the various green touch points, I see a list of links. Some of those links work and I can click through and see exactly what page on my site it's referencing. Some, though, just lead to a dead-end...  It says URL not found. Why is this? Same issue as #1?

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

User / Behavior Flow issues

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Julia,

User Flow, is a page by page progression of users in aggregate.  Behavior flow allows you the ability to layer in Events so if you don't have events, stick with user flow.

The pages in group details assume they all are on the hostname or website that is in the view settings.  If the pages are from a sub-domain or secondary domain, the click through will not work.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn