Analytics
3.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Use Page Title or Page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I hope everyone's doing great. Can someone help me on this:

"When I am creating a custom report to find out the page wise traffic, Which dimension is better or accurate; 'Page Title' or 'Page'. "

As Selecting the page shows the perma link of every page, whereas, selecting the page title shows the Meta Title of the page. 

P.S. I am a publisher and I use analytics to sell my inventory to advertisers, therefore, I use traffic reports to analyze inventory on different pages.

Regards,

Saad Zaki

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Use Page Title or Page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Saad Z,

Either way will be actuate so it comes down to personal preference and other factors such as how your URLs are structured, if you have unique ID values in the URL, etc.

Some people have a hard time knowing what a page is if it not well structured, such as with an eCommerce site that uses a bunch of random numbers and letters for the URLs. In this case, I would use Page Title since seeing "Red Boxed Widget" in the reports will have more meaning versus seeing "/JFHFHfkfjh3847?/9837746jdj.aspx." 

If it is a website with well structured pages such as: "red-boxed-widgets.aspx" I would go with Page.

Please let us know how things go and if you need further help. Hope this helps and you have a great weekend.

Kind Regards, 

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you James.

So, for calculating the page views as we are selling the ad inventory page
metric will be a more suitable option. This way I will know that how many
people are visiting the pakwheels.com/used-cars. Our website is about cars.

Pakwheels.com.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You are welcome. Saad.

Yes, that is what I would do.

Kind Regards,

James