Analytics
4.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Unrealistic Bounce Rate for my Google Analytic Reports

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys,

Now we have some issues about the bounce rate because it too low as we expected, And we already know that our Google Analytics recevied 2 pageviews at the same time from same users, And this is our assumtion about this case study.

• My website has funnel to tracking the behavior of the customer, And the URL of those funnel doesn't change then we need to setting up the Google Tag Manager to see the data by virtual pageviews, To compare the data which flow drop the people.
  • My website has mobile / devices tracking, Because we beleved that the behavior of desktop user and mobile would be different. Then we also setting up Google Tag Manager as well to track along with the funnel, To see actual behavior of devices.  

All of them are being setting track type base on Pageviews, So we believed that if we reset the setting by track type from "Pageviews" to "Event" it could be solve this issues, However once we trying to implement it asking to event categories, label and so on. So we would like to asking you guys what is the actually reason for lowest bounce rate as we have more than 100 - 200K session / week but bounce rate lower than 10. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Simplest explanation: you tracking code is firing more than once per page.

Fix your code.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How can I fix the code ?