Analytics
3.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Unique Events numbers for Video tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have event tracking enabled on my website and I'm tracking videos.. When I go to the Top Events report I can see Unique Events. When I drill down further I can see Plays, 25% Watched, etc. Why aren't the Unique Events and number of Plays the same for a particular video?

Re: Unique Events numbers for Video tracking

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Lindsay
Because if someone plays the video 3 times then they would be a Unique of 1 but a Play of 3 - does that answer the Q?

If you liked my answer best please 'mark as best answer' if I was helpful but not the best please 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply.
You can find me here: <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So wouldn't that mean the Unique number would be lower than the play number? I'm seeing the number of plays = 1,877, but the unique number = 1,976.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

is there any chance that you have more than one event triggering per play.

i.e. if you have an event on play and an event on reach ed 30sec mark or reach completion etc.

then you could have lots of events per play?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do I check that?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Behaviour > Events > Overview
Review all of the events you have set up and what they do.