Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Understanding new users on mobile to site

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all - I'm wanting to understand the historical behaviour of new users arriving to my site by mobile.

But I'm not sure what GA features I need to active.

I've tried using segments - but this only gives me a comparision of new users vs mobile.

I'ld like to analyse new users on mobile and specifically drill down on on 'behaviour' feature.  

Apologies if this is a super simple request - I'm new to GA.

Thanks!

---

An update - I've now created a segment where I have selected mobile users but there is no 'new users' button to select.

So I have selected users who only have 1 session. But when I go to the overview page - it shows that 12% of users under this category are 'Returning Visitors'!

How can I be sure that I'm only viewing the behaviour of new users?

Re: Understanding new users on mobile to site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

You can create a custom report with "Device Category" dimension and "New Users" as a metric. You can also select "Month" or "Day" dimension as per your requirement. Filter device category to Mobile and you will be able to see trend of new users accessing your site through mobile devices plotted on graph.