Analytics
2.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Understanding Event Page Views

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've created a custom report which shows Page Views & Total Events.

For the value for the page views, is this the total page views for people that performed the event?

Or the total page views of the page that the event is displayed on?

The figure i'm trying to locate is the Total Events Vs Total Page Views for a particular event label.

I can calculate this manually (Total Events / Total Page Views) but i am trying to create a custom report to show these figures accurately.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Understanding Event Page Views

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @ezdotcom2,

Pageviews is defined as the page being loaded or reloaded in the browser, and nothing more. So, in your case, that would be the webpage the event in on, not the event itself.

Try creating a custom report with this info and see if it helps:

• In the Metric Groups, select metrics: "visits" and "Pageviews".
  • In Dimension, select "event category", "event action", and "event label".

Further, take a look at this info discussing events and this info discussing the different data within Analytics. These should provide a wealth of info for your long-term use and benefit. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Understanding Event Page Views

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @J Clemens,

Thanks for your response.

That's what i thought as well but I have several events that are only on a specific type of page (product page).

The reason i ask about the page views is the figures for all of the different events are different (presumably should be the same) and also, none of these figures match the site content report for that particular page type.

Thanks!