Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Under what circumstances would assisted revenue be lower than last click revenue?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Under what circumstances would assisted revenue be lower than last click revenue?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Assisted revenue does not include the last click revenue, so if the path was direct > organic, direct gets the assist and organic gets the direct/last. 

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks Mike!

What if the path was a paid medium before organic?

In my particular example, we ran some paid activity and found that the assisted conversions were higher than last click conversions but the assisted conversion revenue value was lower than last click's revenue value. 

I am stumped as to the explanation for this.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Seeing the paid revenue in assisted vs last click simply means they didn't buy right away, on the same visit. If the paid source was the first click, then you can chalk that sale up to the paid medium as the initial contact that got them interested.  It is also a good case for looking into remarketing ads...

Mike Sullivan, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If the channel closes more sales than it assists.

An assist is a sale that isn't credited via last-click, but where the channel was interacted with.

Direct is often a lower assist than last click.