Analytics
1.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to find understand what page titles people have been visiting on my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am new to google analytics so sorry if this question is foolish. I am trying to track what pages people visit most on my website using google analytics using page titles under behavior. However the page titles that are displayed are either meaningless (keycode51635360.spacebarnot.work), or send me to websites that aren't mine. Could someone please explain why this is happening, and what I can do so that the page titles reflect those of my website?

Thank you very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephanie v
April 2016

Re: Unable to find understand what page titles people have been visiting on my website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
The page title should be the actual title of the page on your website that is contained within the HTML <title></title> tag. Let start off by making sure you are looking at the correct report to see what pages are being hit the most on your site make sure you are looking at Behavior-->Site Content-->All Pages by default it reports the Page (URL) but you can either click on Page Title or better yet add a second dimension of Page Title to the report by choosing the Secondary Dimension pull down menu this way you get both the URL and the Page Title. in no instance that I can think of should a Page Title not be a page within your website.

Re: Unable to find understand what page titles people have been visiting on my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I think the website titles have not been tagged properly.