Analytics
3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Unable to add custom report to additional accounts

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

I created a custom report and was able to save it, when I went back and edited it and tried to save it to multiple accounts I get an "Unexpected error. Please try again later." I can save it to a single account but not to any other accounts. I have cleared cache, rebooted my computer tried different browsers, even switched and tried a different computer still unable to save any changes to other than a single account. Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian B
March 2016

Re: Unable to add custom report to additional accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello All,
We have the same problem here. Two weeks ago it was possible to add a custom report to multible accounts/views. About 4 or 5 days ago the problem occurred in Google Analytics. I think it is a bug in Google Analytics.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Not sure why this is not working but I did find a work around instead of choosing only the specific accounts I wanted to add the custom report to, I choose the option to add the report to all views associated with this account. Since I have a hundred accounts and each account has at least four views I was able to get the custom report were it needed to go plus a bunch of other places.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brian B
March 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello All,
We have the same problem here. Two weeks ago it was possible to add a custom report to multible accounts/views. About 4 or 5 days ago the problem occurred in Google Analytics. I think it is a bug in Google Analytics.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Thanks that is exactly what I experienced several weeks ago it worked fine now it does not, hopefully GA gets this fixed at some point.