Analytics
6.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

UTMs Lagging 48+ Hours W/ 30M Pageview Site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now that my site is doing about 1.5M pageviews a day our data is being delayed. I have read that after 10M hits that Google cache's your data to be processed later. That's fine. But my business model is based around CPC posts of our content from large social influencers that is tracked via a UTM in our analytics dashboard. It seems lately that we are up to a 48 hour delay in the reporting which is greatly affecting my relationship with these large influencers. 

I have read that the Analytics premium is 150K a year which isn't an option for our company currently. I have heard from our partners that our competitors aren't using GA Premium and yet don't experience this reporting lag. Just trying to figure out if there are any other options out there besides implementing another tracking service. 

UTMs Lagging 48+ Hours W/ 30M Pageview Site

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You've already answered your question. Either go for another service such as Piwik (if you want free) or go for Analytics 360.

Alternatively you can sample your data yourself, which would solve it, but would result in less precise data. Basically, if you're unable to invest in a paid service, you'll have to decide between speed or precision.