Analytics
5.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

UTM parameters do not appear in GA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

I want to track the results of an email newsletter in GA with UTM parameters. I have the following parameters set up:

/blog/ik-heb-geen-vast-contract.-kan-ik-toch-een-huis-kopen-?utm_source=nieuwsbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=augustus2016klanten

Now in GA it only reports the source parameter and for medium and campaign it returns (not set), when I try the parameters myself in the realtime reports the parameters are passed correctly and show up in GA. The tagging is not being overwritten but somehow the medium and campaign values are not showing up in the reports

What could be causing this issue? 

I have already checked the following:

- analytics set-up and filters

- Tag manager settings

- code on page

Thanks!

Martijn

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UTM parameters do not appear in GA

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Martijn,

You should see traffic in your campaigns report and in realtime. If you get a lot of traffic, I suppose it's possible that you are not seeing it due to intra-day processing. Are you looking at data from today or yesterday?

Since you are using GTM, you can easily deploy (in preview mode) a classic version of the GA code and, along with GA Debug https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-analytics-debugger/jnkmfdileelhofjcijamephohjechhna...
would allow you to see in the Chrome Developer console what is getting set for campaign, source and medium.

That might help you determine what is happening. You can also use tag assistant recordings for this but I like the simplicity of the console.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tag-assistant-by-google/kejbdjndbnbjgmefkgdddjlbokphdefk?h...

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn