Analytics
3.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

UTM Source not tracking in Google Analytics

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I attach utm source, medium and campaign at the end of all of my URLs when linking within my website and via other social media pages, blogs, etc. When I look in Analytics under Acquisition > Campaigns, I see quite a bit of them (when I view the past year date range), but not all of them. For example, the following link is not showing up in my reporting and I'd like to now how many people have clicked this source lately.

http://blog.gspretail.com/globalshop-2016-design-trends/?utm_source=featured-area-homepage&utm_mediu...

What am I doing wrong?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: UTM Source not tracking in Google Analytics

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
If you can't find specific campaign in report this mean that nobody clicked tagged URLs for this campaign in selected date range.
Try to extend date range.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I've clicked it, and I know colleagues have within the past month. I have it set back to over a year ago.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
When you click this URL can you see your own traffic in Real-Time > Traffic Sources report?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Oh you are correct, I have our IP addresses blocked in Analytics. Shocking that over the past year that not a single person has clicked this link though... just seems like something is wrong.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Daphne I just clicked the link you provided see if it shows up in a day or so, I doubt you have my IP blocked.