Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

URL showing up incorrectly on analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

When I look at my Google analytics report there seems to be a problem with the page description/Url's it reports.

So If I look at the list of pages under behaviour>site content>All pages it shows the list of pages that GA is tracking with all the data.

However it shows the pages twice as follows:

So my root URL shows as / and it also shows as /webname.co.uk.

My blog url shows as /blog and /blog/webname.co.uk

And this seems to be happening with most of my pages?

In most cases the amount of page views are far greater on the /blog/webname.co.uk than they are on /blog.

Can you help to resolve this, regards Steve

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: URL showing up incorrectly on analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Steve,

go to your Admin > View > View settings and clear the field named 'default page' (which, i presume, should already contain 'webname.co.uk')
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Julien

Thanks for the information, I have removed the URL from the field 'default page' and refreshed the analytics, the url's are still showing as before.

Is this something that will disappear over time?

Thanks Steve
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve W
July 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
No such thing as retroactive processing in Google Analytics :-(
URLs captured starting from the moment you fixed the view will appear normally in the reports.
Try updating your reports to only show data for today and you should (hopefully) see both versions of the URLs and that will all be normalized after today.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan