Analytics
6.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

UA & GA Classic: The data difference is too far away

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Dear All,

i've found difference between data report UA and GA Classic is too far away escpecially on PV number that effect  on PV/Session number and Bounce Rate. attached the capturo of the report (UA and GAClaassics) below this:

classic.png

UA.png

Why does it happen? fyi, i put ga.js and analytics.js code for my all page site.

Thanks,

Musliman

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author musliman s
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

yes, that's a big difference. I'd check to see if:

- are virtual page views being sent to one property, which are not being sent to the other?

- is one set of code present on a website, or pages, which the other is not? (check in the audience>technology>hostname report)

- are pages reported with additional parameters which one property is filtering away?

I would suggest exporting as much page view data as you can and then doing a side by side comparison of which are present, and which are missing, from the two GA properties. You'll find that the GA sheets tool remove duplicates will be of help.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Mr. Jhon.

I'v found the reason of the difference. the bot pages are not tagging with analytics.js, only ga.js. so there are the big difference of number of Pageview

Best Regards,

Musliman Somantri

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good stuff - keep monitoring it. Just out of interest - why are you still using older code? It's good practice to use the latest code snippet, not least because then you can take advantage of the lastest updates and it's easier to manage event tracking code etc.

Good luck!

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I still use it for regular reporting to mnagement which compre year on year traffic , and i've just used UA since end of last year. So i still put on older code at my all page site.

Once more thanks...