AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
5.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Trying to find referrals links in external PDF

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We started a new campaign in which we hand out USB drives with a PDF of our products and services.  Each page of the PDF links back to our website to the appropriate product of service the customer clicks on in the PDF.

So far I am having a hard time finding my links in the source or referral section for customer acquisition.

Can anyone help with what I need to do to be able to see what links people are clicking on within the PDF (PDF is not on our website, it is on USB drive).

Thanks

Trying to find referrals links in external PDF

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning Ryan. Did you put any utm parameters on those links? That would be the way to do it. Then you can search for source/medium. If you just put straight links on the PDF than it will most likely show as direct, unless it's a hosted PDF from another domain than you can look for referrals from the domain the pdf is hosted at, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.