Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Trouble with utm tracking

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  There is a conflict between UTM tags and automatic markup. Data are forked by the cost / number of clicks and behavioral metrics.

I use the following template (below). What could be the problem? Tech support recommends using without UTM labels, but this is not an option

{lpurl}?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=585_Smart_test&network={network}&placement={placement}&adposition={adposition}&utm_content={creative}&matchtype={matchtype}&utm_term={keyword}

00.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ювелирный З
May 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

As long as you use autotagging you'll see the ad cost, clicks etc.   If you must use utm tags for attribution then you can ask GA to ingore the GCLID for attribution.

-Theo

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning,

It's best practice to use Auto Tagging and not use UTM params for Google CPC traffic (only).

You can still use your value track variables like "creative", "placement" etc.

You can also use autotagging and ask GA to ignore the gclid and use the utm params by checking the tick mark in Admin>>Property>>Property Settings>>Advanced.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks but if we'll ignore gclid we shouldn't see the price of ad, isn't it? 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ювелирный З
May 2017

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

As long as you use autotagging you'll see the ad cost, clicks etc.   If you must use utm tags for attribution then you can ask GA to ingore the GCLID for attribution.

-Theo

Connect on LinkedIn