Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Transferring analytics and domain to another email address

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Analytics,

I was hoping you could help me keep my private and business gmail accounts separate as they have seemed to become inextricably intertwined. 

I currently must access both my domain/server settings (https://domains.google.com/registrar) and my website analytics through my personal gmail account, <edited: Email address A >

I currently access my admin console for dandyfarmer.com  through my business account: < edited: email address B> which is great, but I'd also like to do everything else related to the business with the same account. Is there any way to access my domain settings and analytics over to my business gmail account??? I would really like to keep this separate from my personal email. Thank you for your help!

< Edited by a Community Manager as noted below >

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to obscure multiple email addresses. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Matt

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transferring analytics and domain to another email address

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey Matt,

It sounds like you've set up <email address A> as the alternate email address to <email address B>, so ideally <email address A> should be able to access everything <email address B> can, but not vice versa.

Contact Google support for help on how to add <email address B> as an admin to the domain registrar account: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/6058244?hl=en&ref_topic=3314005

You'll face a problem if you're looking to remove <email address A> as the alternate email address. All the access levels will default to <email address A> and not rest with <email address B> anymore. You'll need to manually then grant admin access to <email address B> for all the Google products and then remove <email address A> from the business related accounts you don't want it in.

Ideally, I'd say it's easier to just leave it as(once <email address B> has access to the domain registrar account) is and access the business specifics through <email address B> and personal accounts through <email address A> since this sounds like it's more like a requirement at a personal level to have them separated.

Cheers,
Arjun

< Edited by a Community Manager as noted below >

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Guidelines, in order to obscure multiple email addresses. This is done to protect account security and privacy.

Re: Transferring analytics and domain to another email address

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
PS. Do avoid providing personal email addresses on public platforms, for security reasons Smiley Happy Try using placeholders like email@personal.com or example@business.com when explaining the issue.