AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
4.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Transaction ID with event actions and event labels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible in analytics to get all transaction IDs and view events that occurred on that transaction ID.

When I try to set this report via the google spreadsheet tool, I get - Selected dimensions and metrics cannot be queried together.

I understand that I may have my approach fundamentally wrong but how would I set something like this up? For example I want to know which transaction id (if any) clicked on a particular list of internal search  results - which all have an incremental event tied to them. eg. Suggestion1, Suggestion2

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transaction ID with event actions and event labels

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John,

try to pin down possible valid combinations of dimensions and metrics with Google Analytics Dimensions & Metrics Explorer [1].

Christoph

[1] https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm trying to do something similar with an Event and Transaction IDs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stephen, John D,

I was able to find a simple workaround to this..

Create a new Segment using "Conditions" as your basis.

The condition defined can be : Filter Sessions by 'Event Action' --> contains --> 'Your desired Event Action name'.

Once such a segment is created, you can directly go to Ecommerce-->Transactions and select the newly created segment to only display transactions that had a particular event action..

Hope this helps. If not, lemme know and would try to explain better.

Rgds,

KJ