Analytics
2.5K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Transaction ID with event actions and event labels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible in analytics to get all transaction IDs and view events that occurred on that transaction ID.

When I try to set this report via the google spreadsheet tool, I get - Selected dimensions and metrics cannot be queried together.

I understand that I may have my approach fundamentally wrong but how would I set something like this up? For example I want to know which transaction id (if any) clicked on a particular list of internal search  results - which all have an incremental event tied to them. eg. Suggestion1, Suggestion2

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Transaction ID with event actions and event labels

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi John,

try to pin down possible valid combinations of dimensions and metrics with Google Analytics Dimensions & Metrics Explorer [1].

Christoph

[1] https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/dimsmets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm trying to do something similar with an Event and Transaction IDs.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Stephen, John D,

I was able to find a simple workaround to this..

Create a new Segment using "Conditions" as your basis.

The condition defined can be : Filter Sessions by 'Event Action' --> contains --> 'Your desired Event Action name'.

Once such a segment is created, you can directly go to Ecommerce-->Transactions and select the newly created segment to only display transactions that had a particular event action..

Hope this helps. If not, lemme know and would try to explain better.

Rgds,

KJ