Analytics
1.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Transaction ID Errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Everyone: our transaction ID reports are showing revenue, taxes, and shipping costs that are WAY off from the actual data. It seems to be double counting some transactions, adding the refund amount and purchase amount together, and then some I can't tell where it's getting the extra revenue from. Does anyone know anything about why this might be happening?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Transaction ID Errors

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Ok - ecommerce can be tricky to troubleshoot but here's a few suggestions/thoughts:

- make some test transactions, see what is being sent to GA using either GA debugger or dataslayer. Look for transaction values which do not match those of your actual products. If you see values that are incorrect, then you need to talk to your developers to fix this.

- Is it possible for a visitor to trigger the ecommerce hit again? For example, if they return to a receipt or thankyou page? Check the double transactions - what source/medium do they have? Isolate the incorrect transactions and check these using, for example, source/medium as a secondary dimension.

- Just to get a grip on the scale of the problem, compare your GA data with your back-end data. Compare by transaction number - by observing which transactions are correct/incorrect you may get clues as to what, or where the problem is. Obvious segments to check are mobile/desktop, payment types or different sub-domains.

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Transaction ID Errors

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome, I'll look into some of that. 

I appreciate the advice.