Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Traffic sources not appearing correctly in Acquisition Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I was hoping someone might be able to highlight why 'email' is not appearing in any of our acquisition reports as a channel or a medium. Could it be falling into another channel and losing it's tracking parameters?

We used the following URL for a recent newsletter campaign: https://www.meetingsbooker.com/?pgid=mbgads&agid=1&agcid=436&utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&u...

Would appreciate any help on the issue,

Cheers,

Sarah

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Maybe a stupid question, but do you see clicks in Mailchimp?

Do you see the campaign value septnews16 in the relevant report? If so, when applying a secondary dimension of medium, what do you see?

If you haven't customised the Channels report, email instances should show up in (Other). Click on it to drill down to source. Can you see mailchimp?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking a look at my issue.

Click tracking via mailchimp is working and showing a reasonable amount of traffic should be coming through to our site from the mail.

Under Campaign, there is no sign of 'septnews16' and in Channels -> (other) there is no sign of mailchimp.

It's like all of the tracking has been lost and the traffic has been put under another channel? 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Are you selecting a date range that corresponds to the email activity? (Another stupid question, though...)

Can you see an increase in Direct traffic for the period?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No such thing as a stupid question Smiley Happy

Date period is correct. When looking at week on week numbers - direct has increased significantly over the date period.

Is there any tips or tricks to avoid this happening for our next campaign?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

I'm afraid but it sounds like the tracking failed to work and as a result all traffic has fallen into Direct.

Difficult to say the reason, normally it's an implementation issue. My G+ profile is https://plus.google.com/+RanyereRodrigues/posts. If you private message me I can give you my personal email. Then, if you forward the actual newsletter to my address I can take a look at it and feedback. Not sure if I'll find anything, but at least I can try.