Analytics
5.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Traffic from Xbox One

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm looking at the mobile device traffic information and I see significant traffic from "Xbox One" devices. I'm pretty sure that none of the traffic is actually coming from Xbox One. Is there any known issue about it? 

thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Traffic from Xbox One

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Avigad M, why are you confident that any of that traffic is not coming from Microsoft Xbox One?
I have such traffic in my accounts as well.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I agree with Alexey C, on most of my client accounts I always see a small percentage from either PS or Xbox - they do have browsers. As to why this is being shown as a mobile device I don't know - I also see Xbox being labelled as a mobile device.

If the volume of traffic is as significant as you say then this is definitely worth looking into - it says something about your visitors, and also should lift questions what they attempting to do on your site.
John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know what is that issue about.
Some of your mobile devices are running Windows Phone. And there is a bug (or a feature Smiley Happy ) in the most popular 3rd party sdk for google analytics on Windows.
It sends the data from the phone to the GA and somehow Google or that library thinks, that device model is Xbox One, not the original device model.
You can the see issue about this problem here:
https://googleanalyticssdk.codeplex.com/workitem/98

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alexander G,
Thanks for your comment but we are using web analytics with the script taken from Google Analytics website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We had the same issue where our demographic is over 60 and we had a growing number of orders that Google analytics was classifying as mobile xbox one. Internally we were able to find out that it was all Microsoft IE 11.0 for tablet orders. Not sure why GA thinks they are xbox.