Analytics
5.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Traffic from Wrong keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From last 2 days 'gmail' related keywords showing in my organic traffic report in Google analytics? PFA screenshot for the same. Please help me to understand this. 

Keywords : gmail login, g mail, gmail.com, gmai, gmail; etc...Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 2.45.08 pm.png

Thanks,

Mrugesh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Traffic from Wrong keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Several possibilities one it could be that some one is entering those terms in one of the major search engines and your site shows up as a result, two this could be spam look further down in this report to the column that says Avg. Session Duration if the time is 00:00:00 it is most likely spam. For the first case if any page on your website contains the word gmail then it is possible that your site was indexed and that you sre showing up in search results because of this.

Re: Traffic from Wrong keywords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also experiencing the same problems. I am getting traffic from keywords that relate to this site http://www.wheelersdrivingschool.co.uk Our businesses are very different. I have checked the site they are not showing keywords that could be sending traffic to my site. What do you think the problem is and how can it be remedied?