Analytics
5.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Traffic dropped to 0 overnight.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Our Manager's Digest website is a Wordpress theme based site that we are currently optimising content for, for manager's and those looking to enhance their careers - http://www.managersdigest.co.uk/

On April 10th we added AMP plugins, Tag Manager and article schema for WP. From 11th traffic has just dropped dead to 0. I have checked the search console and there are no manual actions taken and so the coincidence in time makes me wonder if perhaps we have misconfigured a plugin or the Tag Manager script has been incorrectly added?

I wondered if anyone could take a look and add some insight into this for me?

Thanks,
Lewis
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Traffic dropped to 0 overnight.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)
I'm not seeing any issues with the tracking code installation or GTM.

Were the website server logs checked to see if the drop in traffic is a real drop in traffic.
If the site server logs show little to no change, then it would be a fairly good guess that one of the changes made/plugins added is the issue. 
Was a backup of the site made prior to the changes on April 10?

I am seeing some issues possibly with the social sharing stuff.. 
It gives the following errors in dev console:
Uncaught ReferenceError:  isEsiLoaded is not defined at s.sharethis.com/loader.js:1

and then I am also seeing the following too which seems something is using an older version of the tracking ga.js

console01.jpg

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Traffic dropped to 0 overnight.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

From what I can see from the server logs traffic is still visiting the website.

As for the two other discussion points, I am sorry I don't understand what they are or how to fix them.

We did backup the site on March 31st (11 days before the new plugins and TM was implemented).

Thanks,

Lewis