Analytics
5.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking traffic from a redirected domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a few domains that redirect to the main website. How do I find the reports on how many clicks these domains are getting?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sharon R
April 2016

Re: Tracking traffic from a redirected domain

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you want to track them nicely moving forward, then yes this is the correct form. So, you need to use the main website custom paramtered URLs in the other website. If you would like to know the clicks prior to now, then use the suggestion that I've given above.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sharon,
'
You can create tagged URLs for each redirected domain to your website using the tool here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en

Something like below will do:
http://www.mainwebsite.com/?utm_source=redirecteddomain.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=redirec...

Then forward your domains to these URLs. You'll see the results under Acquisition -> All Traffic -> Referrals.

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Sharon,

If GA accounts for these domains are different, then check the other domains in the Source / medium reports in the main website GA account. If the GA accounts are the same then add a view with the hostname / domain filter, then you'll be able to see the traffic / clicks between the domains.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't think that is it as it says - Generate custom campaign parameters for your advertising URLs.

So the official website is
.co.uk
I also own .com and .co (and others)
Is it correct to use that form then?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sharon R
April 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If you want to track them nicely moving forward, then yes this is the correct form. So, you need to use the main website custom paramtered URLs in the other website. If you would like to know the clicks prior to now, then use the suggestion that I've given above.