AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Analytics
2.2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking top read pages

Not applicable
# 1
Not applicable

I use GA to track our digital magazine. Under Behavior>All Pages I select Primary Dimension: Page Title in order to choose between our various editions, which are then listed as the results (i.e. February 2017, January 2017, December 2016). However, when I then select an edition, I get results with page ranges that don't exist -- it says /36-371 but there are only 140 or so pages in the magazine. I don't understand why I am getting page ranges rather than single pages, or where this data is coming from for pages that don't exist.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tracking top read pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

What happens when you select "Page" as the secondary dimension?

Are there multiple paths for the same page Title recorded?

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Re: Tracking top read pages

Not applicable
# 3
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Arnold. When I select Page as the secondary dimension, I get the same results. First image is with Page as secondary dimension, second image is Page Title as primary dimension and then clicking February 2017 from there.

sec dim.PNG                        page title.PNG

And here is what it looks like when I use Page Title as the primary dimension. You can see from here how I selected Feb 2017 to get the results above. I conducted searches in this section for edition titles from the past year (February 2017-Jan 2016) and did not come up with any double results under the same Title:

using page title.PNG

Not applicable
# 4
Not applicable

browser.PNG

Another odd thing I noticed is that GoogleAnalytics is listed as the top browser which has never happened before and does not make sense. It is accounting for the overwhelming majority of viewers.

Tracking top read pages

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

Those ranges are actually the page paths through which your content is available. If you can post your site URL I'd check if I can find out what is happening. 

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Not applicable
# 6
Not applicable
Thanks! Here is the link to an individual issue, this one is February 2017:

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=cc8ac...

The URL I used when setting up GA was simply pagesuite.com

Our magazine is preserved with member-only content so you need to log in to view where the actual content is. I would be happy to lend you my log in info with a temporary password, but I'm sure you can appreciate I do not want to post that on a public forum.