Analytics
2.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking operating system and browser report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Could you please explain why we need to track operating system and browser of our audience? How could we use this data in our ads and marketing strategy?

Thank you in advance

Tracking operating system and browser report

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

From my experience it's going to be useful to see if users with a particular browser (less so the OS) have issues using the site - within GA you could see for example that the load time was high for users on a particular browser, which means the site may need some tweaking as something might not be right. Websites will render differently on different browsers so it can be useful to identify UX issues for the web dev's to fix.

In terms of marketing, you might like to look at the OS / Browser data to also get more insight into the typical profile of your audience. It's not that insightful or actionable, but it might help to paint a better picture of your typical user. There's probably lots of info online about the profile of an Apple user vs Microsoft, and same for Browser usage (not that I think this is very useful info)...

Hope that helps!

Re: Tracking operating system and browser report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for explanations! Now it is clear