Analytics
1.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking issue on Drupal Theme ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have various Drupal websites with the same Theme (which is "MD APage Theme") and they all seem to have some kind of problem tracking Analytics stats.

I noticed with Tag Assistant that the tracking code was on the bottom of the page and not in the <head> tag.

The other thing is that all of those websites are on a CDN, and I have huge deltas between the total unique visitors displayed on the CDN dashboard and Analytics.

I fixed one of those website to see if it was really the problem but for now I don't see much of a difference.

Could you take a look and point where the problem is ? (If it's like I thought, a tracking issue)

Here are the websites :

# Number 1 : That's the one I fixed, using a js injector to avoid the "no analytics.js script" issue. I removed the plugin GA on this one.

# Number 2

# Number 3

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking issue on Drupal Theme ?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Léa A,

You will see some small differences with the code in the header instead of using the plugin. The CDN stats and Google Analytics most likely use very different methodology for tracking Users. I would suspect the CDN is tracking every request (bots, etc.) where GA is tracking mostly actual people browsing to the site.

Hope that helps.

Best,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn