Analytics
5.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking all entry pages that lead to viewing a particular page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, We are looking for a report that would show us all of the site entry pages that were hit before eventually viewing one particular page on our site.  In other words we want to know the first page that was viewed on our site in each session before the user viewed a particular page, specifically our site donation page.  Is there a reliable report in Analytics that can provide that information?  Thanks for any help,

Andrew

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew M
March 2016

Re: Tracking all entry pages that lead to viewing a particular page

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
You can set up a custom report and choose Page, Page Title and Previous Page Path as three of your deminsions. Choose whatever metrics you want to know such as sessions, pageviews, bounce rate etc. and if need be add filters to only give you certain pages or leave filters blank to see all pages and their previous paths.

Re: Tracking all entry pages that lead to viewing a particular page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian, that's very helpful! Instead of Previous Page Path, I selected Landing Page in order to find the page that the user first hit when they got to the site. I also selected report type of Flat Table in order to get a better view of things.