Analytics
2K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking actions on the website

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an HTML website and Blog section in WordPress (.org). The website is having analytics code but due to a premium plan of Wordpress, we are not able to add analytics code on the blog section.

I would like to know if a user lands on the website page and click blog tab or featured blog then what will be an impact in analytics in terms of bounce rate? User has performed an action of click so it won't impact bounce rate or because of domain - subdomain change makes higher bounce rate?

Tracking actions on the website

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ravindra,

If you do not have any event on click of the your blog tab, then it will be counted as a bounce. Since you do not have google analytics tracking on your blog, GA will consider your blog tab as an outbound link.

If you can't put GA tracking on your blog and you don't want to consider the users that clicks on your blog tab as bounced users, you can implement a Google Analytics event(interaction event) to modify your bounce rate.

I hope this helps you.

Regards