Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking a Blog and Individual Posts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My organization's site has a Wordpress blog that is tracked along with the rest of the website. How do I pull statistics just for the blog and its posts in one report? Our bloggers want to see how each individual post has been doing for the last six months, as well as the overall blog statistics.

I've tried setting up a custom report, but it only seems to show the total stats, nothing for specific pages.

Re: Tracking a Blog and Individual Posts

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi John,
Please check this post, it could help you @ https://www.blogmutt.com/blog/measuring-blog-traffic-with-google-analytics

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, but unfortunately that won't really work in this case. The blog posts all have different paths, which is a frustrating situation that cannot be changed at this point (don't ask, it's a long story). To illustrate:

website.org/blog_home_page
website.org/blog_post1
website.org/another_post
website.org/an_update
website.org/tims_thoughts

The problem is that all of the other pages on the website have the same URL structure, so if I look at stats for "website.org", it shows me *everything*.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same issue. Is there no way to build a custom report with a set list of urls?

.com/products/luminate
.com/forums/viewcategory/2
.com/blogs/68
.com/events/category/42

You get the idea. Is this not possible?