Analytics
5.4K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Vanity URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I created a vanity url/page on our Drupal website that we are using for radio advertising. I have a redirect set-up on that page, but I want to track how many times people use that url. I have had it set-up for a few days, and visited it/ went to that url numerous times, but it's not showing up on my analytics report.

What am I missing?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kari T
June 2016

Re: Tracking Vanity URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can add tracking parameters to your site URL and redirect the vanity URL to the tagged URL.
Build the tagged URL using the URL builder tool here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867
The results will appear under the acquisition reports, you will find the campaign name you used in Acquisition -> Campaigns -> All Campaigns. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kari T
June 2016

Re: Tracking Vanity URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

You can add tracking parameters to your site URL and redirect the vanity URL to the tagged URL.
Build the tagged URL using the URL builder tool here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867
The results will appear under the acquisition reports, you will find the campaign name you used in Acquisition -> Campaigns -> All Campaigns. Let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital