Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Google URLs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My company is releasing a blog post in the up coming weeks.  We will be driving traffic to this via email, text messaging as well as social media posts.  To track where the traffic to the blog is coming from I am looking to set up google urls for each one of these channels.  I use the google url builder to set this up, however after using the url provided by the builder I then go to our google analytics under acquisitions and all campaigns but do not see them tracked within there.  Am I looking in the right place? Or did I even set this up properly?

Any help would be very appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Google URLs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nickolas,

can you provide some examples on how you tagged the campaigns / links?

Kind regards,
Zorin
Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
A T
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

GA Data may take around 24-48 hrs to show up in the reports.

However you can check it in Realtime dashboard instantly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am looking in the realtime dashboard and don't see my campaign as a traffic source. Is it possible it is falling into direct traffic?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Zorin,

The setup is as follows:

URL: https://www.ecu.com/
Campaign Source: Testing
Campaign Medium: Test Email
Campaign URL: Testing URL

I set this up just to test and make sure I knew how to set this up properly and apparently I am not. Any help is appreciated!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey,

for your example the Link / URL should look like this:
https://www.ecu.com/?utm_source=testing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=test-campaign

Try with this and let me know if it worked.

Kind regards,
Zorin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, that is the link url builder gives me but when I use that it still doesn't show up in GA properly. I even tried looking in the realtime reports but to no success.

Thanks!
Nick

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Nickolas,

sorry for the following line of questions but I have to be sureSmiley Happy Are you looking at the right GA property? Are there any internal traffic filters applied to the view which may prevent your testing to be shown in the reports? Do you have some browser extensions active which may prevent GA hits to be sent?

Kind regards,
Zorin