Analytics
2.6K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Tracking A Set Group Of SKUs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking to find a way to create reports that track sales for a limited number of SKUs. These are 27 specific SKUs and I would like to generate a daily sales report on only them. Is there a way to create this custom report based off of SKU alone?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenny S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

That could definitely be a factor. If I were you, i'd look at product data import to fill that gap and ensure that product label and category are always filled properly.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You  can use the out-of-the-box SKU reports and add an advanced filter using a regular expression such as

sku1|sku2|sku3|sku4

Once you fine-tune your regular expression, click Shortcut at top of report (near the export button)

That way your report gets saved the way you like it and you can access it directly

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just what I needed. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Follow up question, this solution is working well for a group of SKUs up to a certain point. I'm trying to do a larger group (200+) and keep receiving the following error:

"Internal error. Please try again later.

Analytics has encountered an unexpected condition and cannot fulfill your request."

Is there a limit to the number of SKUs that can be grouped this way?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

You might be pushing the envelope a bit too far.

Can you maybe look at your SKUs by category instead of restricting the search to 200 items?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I thought that would be the answer, but when I look at Product Category (Enhanced Ecommerce), the category that is shown on my website does not show up. Furthermore, while it does show many of the categories for my website, the sales tracking seems to be incomplete. The categories do not show all the products that should be listed under those categories. Meanwhile this main category I am trying to look at is not even listed. I'm guessing this may be an issue with the way the website has Enhanced Ecommerce integrated? We only recently turned the feature on. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenny S
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

That could definitely be a factor. If I were you, i'd look at product data import to fill that gap and ensure that product label and category are always filled properly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will do. Thank you for your help!