Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Track clicks over subdomains in report in-page form the google inpage extension

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, we setup GTM on bot subdomains and domain www.

Exampe https://hotelschool.tio.nl/hogere_hotelschool/

A click from there to https://www.tio.nl/hotelmanagement_en_eventmanagement/toelating/middelbare_hotelschool/  is recorded as referral in GA itself.

But its not recorded in 'in-page-analytics' chrome plugin. I see remarks averyweher form till 2012 that thsi is indeed not working for sub-domains.

Can anyone see what I do wrong or if this is indeed a known issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track clicks over subdomains in report in-page form the google inpage extension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Make sure you have tio.nl added to the Referral Exclusion List under Admin -> Property -> Tracking Info.

In GTM you need to add a setting for your Universal Analytics tracking tag. Under "Fields to set" add the settings as below:

cookiedomain-auto

You will still see self referrals because users who have your domain as their traffic source already set and they return as direct they will still have that traffic source in the reports. These will disappear over time, the default campaign timeout is six months. Hope this helps, let me know if you have questions.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arnold, thanks for your reply.

We dont have problems with self reference in GA. 

Are you sure this will show the in-page clicks from subdomain to domain in the chrome extension?

These clicks are already recorded oke in GA itself and not added to the referral source. We only dont see them in the overlay in the chrome plugin 'page Analytics'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

its about the inpage chrome extension thats still not showing the clicks to another subdomain.