Analytics
4.3K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Track Specific Purchase Back to Channel/Acquisition Source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Does anybody now if it's possible to track a specific purchase back to it's channel/acquisition source?  For instance, I see that a particular product was purchased.  I would like to know if the person who purchased that product found the website via Paid, Organic, Direct or Referral.  Thanks for any help or direction you can offer.  

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kate,

You can add 'Medium' dimension as secondary dimension into your reports to achieve this. 

I hope this helps

Regards,

Güney

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! This does help.  It seems that it does break it down by product, but not purchase.  In addition, if there is more than one "unique purchase" over a period of time (7 days, let's say) it only provides one medium.  This is much closer, so again, thank you, I'm just wondering if I can see exactly where each order, of each product, came from.  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kate
May

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Kate,

You can  check 'Conversions -> E-commerce -> Sales Performance' and add medium (or Source/Medium) as a secondary dimension. You can see the source of each transactions with this way.

Also, you can try to create a custom report and add Product, Transaction ID and Medium dimensions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Güney K,

Thanks so much for your response.  It was exactly what I was looking for.  I'm very grateful.  

Kate