Analytics
2.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Trace visits on page1, page2, page2 and page4

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to to know the number of visitor going to page1 AND page2 AND page3 AND page4 during the same session. page1, page2, page3 and page4 are regex (book-[0-9]+) for example. The order doesn't matter. I tried with the behaviour flow, but I can only choose the first page, I can't specify the URL of the second and the third page.

I tried also to group the 4 pages in the same group, but it doesn't seem to work neither.

How can I isolate those visitors ?

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Le Prix d
September 2016

Re: Trace visits on page1, page2, page2 and page4

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You should be able to accomplish this by using a custom segment. When you are in a report, click the Add Segment button and then the New Segment Button.

cap 5.png

cap 4.png

Under the Advanced menu, select Conditions and then populate the fields using Page and AND statements.

Here's an example from the Google Merchandise Store test account that will show you sessions in which a visitor viewed the following pages:

/home

/basket.html

/google+redesign/office

/google+redesign/bags

capture 3.png

Alternatively, you can use the matches regex type and include the example expression.

cap 6.png

Once the segment looks good you can just add it to any reports you want. If you're after user counts you can go to the Audiences Overview report and apply your new segment. Here's what the test segment for the Google Merchandise Store looks like:

cap 7.png

Hope this helps! 

Trace visits on page1, page2, page2 and page4

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used "sequences", it works fine. Thanks for the idea !