Analytics
4.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Total Events & Total Sessions for particular webpage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to view Total Events via Event Category and Total Sessions for a particular webpage on my website? For example, I want to compare total number of sessions for any webpage that contains "/GA1041" and Total Events; of the total number of visits to a webpage that contains "/GA1041," how many events happened. We have multiple webpages that contain "/GA1041"

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Total Events & Total Sessions for particular webpage

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there!

You'll want to create a custom report for this. Head to the "Acquisition > All Traffic > Source/Medium" Report. Click on "Customize" at the top of the page. It's right above the "All Users" Segment. Next set up your custom table like I did in my image.

Cheers!

Arjun

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Arjun for your response! But is there way to view only one specific Event Category on customized reports instead of all the Events? For example, I want to know how many Events of one Event Category for every webpage that contains "/GA1041" and compare it to Total Sessions for every webpage that contains "/GA1041." So, I can say, "Out of all of GA1041's webpages (insert number of GA1041 sessions), there have been (insert number of Events for Event Category) events.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hey, you're most welcome!

There is a way, you can add an additional filter for "Event Category", as part of the custom table I linked you to earlier. It'll be along with the filters at the bottom of the page. Just "add Filter", "Include", "Event Category" and input the category you're looking for.

Watch out for multiple event categories that may have common words - you might end up pulling data from there as well if the filter isn't set up correctly.

Cheers,
Arjun