Analytics
4.1K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Timezone settings GA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any difference in "Property" timezone and "View" timezone?
I mean, is it possible to have multiple views with different time-zones under same property ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandesh G
June

Timezone settings GA

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Sandesh G :-)

There is not property timezone setting apart from Reporting Timezone when a property is first being created, this then gets applies as the timezone in the View (all website data) that gets created by default by the system

I did find the following info in the help docs:

Time zone country or territory: The country or territory and the time zone you want to use as the day boundary for your reports, regardless of where the data originates. For example, if you choose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and end of each day is calculated based on Pacific Time, even if the hit comes from New York, London, or Moscow.

If you choose a time zone that honors Daylight Savings Time, Analytics automatically adjusts for the changes. If you do not want Analytics to adjust for Daylight Savings time, then you can use Greenwich Mean Time instead of your local time zone. Changing the time zone only affects data going forward, and is not applied retroactively.

If you change the time zone for an existing view, you may see a flat spot or a spike in your data. This may be caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. Report data may refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update your settings, until our servers have processed the change.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Timezone settings GA

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi :-)

I just tested this and it seems to be possible. 
Having said that, not sure if the same applies if another service is linked to the analytics account such as Adwords.

I've not worked with Adwords for a while and the analytics account used to take on the same inherit the Adwords account timezone and was not changeable from that - not sure if this still applies.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Timezone settings GA

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Bronwyn,

Thanks for the reply but I am still confused about the implications "Property" time zone has on subsequent "Views". Since "Views" has their own time zone setting. Does it has something to do with data storage part of Google Analytics?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandesh G
June

Timezone settings GA

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Sandesh G :-)

There is not property timezone setting apart from Reporting Timezone when a property is first being created, this then gets applies as the timezone in the View (all website data) that gets created by default by the system

I did find the following info in the help docs:

Time zone country or territory: The country or territory and the time zone you want to use as the day boundary for your reports, regardless of where the data originates. For example, if you choose United States, Pacific Time, then the beginning and end of each day is calculated based on Pacific Time, even if the hit comes from New York, London, or Moscow.

If you choose a time zone that honors Daylight Savings Time, Analytics automatically adjusts for the changes. If you do not want Analytics to adjust for Daylight Savings time, then you can use Greenwich Mean Time instead of your local time zone. Changing the time zone only affects data going forward, and is not applied retroactively.

If you change the time zone for an existing view, you may see a flat spot or a spike in your data. This may be caused by the time shift forwards or backwards, respectively. Report data may refer to the old time zone for a short period after you update your settings, until our servers have processed the change.