Analytics
1.8K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Time Zone Report - Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is there a way to segment by timezone? I know Google Analytics reports hour by whatever is in the account settings, but if I'm running a campaign in multiple time zones across the US I would like to be able to analyze the events per hour based on each time zone. That way if I am located on the west coast and have something running in the east coast, when it says "x events happened at 4:00AM" I know those events really fired at 7:00AM EST.

UTMing links with a marker of time zone would be one way to do it, but it could get a very tedious with campaigns that have hundreds of locations. Hopefully there's a segment or another process that I'm missing!

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Time Zone Report - Google Analytics

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
You may be able to do this with a custom variable but even that is a long shot. You would some how have to tie the user and the session to a geographical location an dthen that location to a time zone if that is possible. Other than that the best you can do is do a custom report with a map overlay and break down your data by contenent, sub-content, country, and city.

Re: Time Zone Report - Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian, I'll have to try that. Bummer there isn't a quick and easy solution!