Analytics
5.9K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

This report requires Search Console integration to be enabled

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't know if I am posting this in the right area but I need help with search console integration. 

As far as I can see, my site *has* been linked to Webmaster Tools (Analytics and Webmaster Tools) are linked. I've added my marketing person as a User and she successfully accessed my Analytics account but she got a message: this report requires search console integration to be enabled. I see the same message too, when I click on Search Engine Optimisation, Queries, Landing Pages, etc. but I can see Traffic and Audience, etc. no problem at all!

How do I enable Search Console such that we can also view SEO, Queries, etc. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 19.47.23.png

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Psych 1
March 2016

Re: This report requires Search Console integration to be enabled

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Psych 1 :-)
Click on the Admin tab at the top of the interface (to the right of Reporting and Customization tabs)
In the Property Settings page at the very bottom is a Search Console setting.
Make sure to select the correct site in Search Console and select which Views you want that information to be
available in

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Bronwyn,

Thanks very much for this but I'm sure I have tried this (if I am doing it correctly), but it hasn't solved my problem.

No-wait! I did it-thanks very much! I had only checked one of the two screenshots here (I had to scroll up a bit to see the Search Console Settings). Much appreciated! 

Can I also ask: I am giving my marketing helper access to my Google Analytics so she can do some keyword research for me etc. I've added her as a User-does she need "full" access rights (Manage users, Edit, Collaborate, Read and Analyze)?

Many thanks and best wishes...  

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 06.43.57.png

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 06.50.56.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Depends what you want her to have access to,
If she is doing keyword research then she definitely does NOT need permission to Manage Users
She'll definitely need Read/Analyze permissions, I probably would not allow Edit permissions at the analytics Account level either.
You can find more info about all the permissions types here:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2884495?hl=en
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a million Bronwyn! I had originally allowed Edit permissions but have now reverted it to only Read and Analyze. Out of interest, now that I have added her as a user-does she need *my* password to access my Analytics account? I had given that to her too, for a one-off log in (I think before I added her as a user, thinkig I might have to allow her to login with my details)-does she now need my password to login when she wants to? I'm aware that this would give her access to *everything* Google related and I don't feel comfortable with that.

Many thanks!

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Psych 1 I have a group of analytics individuals working for me I only allow them Read/Analyze permission and only at the View level, they have no permissions at the Account or Property level at all. There has been nothing they could not analyze or research. I also keep the logins very simple we have two one for me as the Administartor and one for the rest of the team to utilize. This makes my life very easy.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Psych ::-)
Pls do not give out your login details to anyone else.

When a person's email address for their google account is added to an analytics account, it allows them to have access to the analytics account, using their their own login information..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks very much Bronwyn!

Best wishes...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Brian-I had replied to your message but can't see my reply-my apologies! so am typing it here again.

This has been so helpful to me: I removed my Marketing person from Users and then added her again, and this time only to the View level (I had orginally added her to the Property level and when I deleted her from there she was deleted from View too)!. She's now been added, but only to at View level, and only to Read/Analyze.

Best wishes...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think it sounds like you've managed to fix the issue - but if anyone is having similar problems, I wrote a step-by-step guide here that might help Smiley Happy